What does it mean to recognize your true nature?
The divine essence of your innermost being is ever-present, but only becomes fully available to you when you learn how to recognize it: so says the Pratyabhijñā-hṛdayam, a sacred Tantrik text that informed and influenced the development of nondual spirituality in India and beyond, but has never been accurately translated into English -- until now.
My second book is a complete translation and explanation of this spiritual masterpiece, which will be published under the title The Recognition Sutras. The book will be officially published this September, but you will receive an advance copy when you sign up for this five month in-depth online course on the text.
The Recognition Sūtras describe with incredible precision the process by which Universal Consciousness contracts into embodied form (i.e., you), temporarily gets lost in that form and forgets its true nature, then realizes itself once again, and experiences seamless unity with the Whole.
The Power of Recognition online course is for you if:
- You want to immerse yourself in Tantrik Yoga philosophy and dive deep into one of its foundational texts
- You would like to learn some of the most vital and effective practices ever discovered by the Tantrik Yoga tradition (found in Chapter 18 of the text, these have never been translated accurately before)
- You want access to a community of kindred spirits, awake with curiosity and alive with passion for the spiritual path
- You want access to the expertise of a professional Sanskrit scholar who is also a long-term practitioner.
You will receive:
- Weekly one hour class on video and audio (.mp3) for nearly five months.
- A pre-release copy of Hareesh’s book The Recognition Sutras.
- A study guide to deepen your embodiment of the practices and course material.
- Guided meditations and the nine key Tantrik practices that support your recognition of your true nature.
- A private community forum for students to engage with Hareesh and each other.
- Understanding the nature of the mind and how we create our own suffering,
- Discovering what it really means to be a 'divine being having a human experience', and
- Experiencing practices and techniques that can lead to sustainable, embodied transformation.
Hareesh (aka Christopher Wallis, PhD) is so far the only scholar-practitioner to accurately translate into English Kshemarāja’s 50-page explanation of his own sūtras.
His book, The Recognition Sutras, explores the full text and its transformative implications in clear and illuminating language to empower the modern aspirant. This course comprises the first public reading of this about-to-be published book.
Each sūtra is explained in detail by the original author, Kshemarāja, Abhinavagupta’s successor (these masters are to medieval India what Plato and Socrates were to ancient Greece).